Wednesday 12 February 2014

RM Palaniappan




R M Palaniappan 
Oxford 3 
Lithograph 
10 x 15 in, 1996 
He is internationally acclaimed as a Master print maker in area of viscosity etchings. In the past fifteen years Palaniappan’s works have focussed on the concept of motion in space, time and environment.”During my schooling, interest on science made me imagine myself as a scientist; also my deep involvement in mathematics and astronomy gave me a door way to see a new world of abstractions. Conscious dreaming of positives and building the imagination of future and its collective sensibilities put me forth to be an artist by nature. 

"No one was born as an artist or every one is an artist when they use the creative side of the brain. The physical and psychological aspect of process of creation is always a wonder when you are aware of it. No matter where you stand on the line; it is the processes of extending the line by understanding the same in all respect by the total awareness of, in and out of the line that you have created- the breath, the life and the body. 

"My formal education in art unwrapped several origins of the creative process and its aesthetics. My interest in science and psychology is becoming the subject matter of my art and thought process; art is not merely aesthetics awareness. It is visual analysis and thought; above all, it is to me an expression of Time – Space – Environment, relationship in the context of string between physical and psychological perception of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment