Tuesday 15 April 2014

S.G.Vasudev


Artville Contemporary Artist Of The Day 
S. G. Vasudev
Title: He and Prison
Year: 1991
Medium: Oil on canvas
Size: 44 x 45 in 

Artist Note:
"I was deeply influenced by D. R. Bendre's poem, "Kalpa Vriksha Vrindavana," he says. "From then on I started reading some of the eminent Kannada writers and it's something that I have kept in touch with , one way or another, doing the book jackets for some of these writers. A.K. Ramanujan, Girish Karnad, Ananthamurthy, all these people used to come to Cholamandal. From Yayayti, I developed an interest inIndian myths and legends, which started appearing in my work. But it was the idea of the Vriksha, the Tree of Life, that slowly started becoming very important to me. It was a powerful concept that has been visualized in almost every other culture that you can think of, in some way or another. Even an artist like Mondarin was inspired by looking at the branches of a tree."
courtesy:saffronart

#art #oil painting #he and prison #contemporary artist#s.g.vasudev #artville gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment