Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hema Upadhyay


Artville Contemporary Artist Of The Day 
Hema Upadhyay
Title: New Stories Must Be Imagined 
Medium: Gouache, Dry Pastels, colour cut outs on Arches paper
Size: 22 x 30 in
Year: 2012 

Artist note:
"I like to tell any stories, whether real or imaginative. These are even reflections of one's phobias, shortcomings. The recurring theme in my work is autobiographical. In addition, it is the cathartic factor that becomes the reason to take these objects and convert their ability. Yes…my work is cathartic in process."
courtesy: saffronart

#art #painting #gouche #dry pastels #contemporary artist#hema upadhyay #artville gallery

1 comment:

  1. I like this one by Hema.
    I was just imagining these birds at the starting line. Just imagine the cacophony and the confusion when the gun goes off . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete