Saturday 14 June 2014

Kurchi Dasgupta


Artville Contemporary Artist Of The Day 
Kurchi Dasgupta 
Medium: Oil Painting
Size:Size: 32.3 x 42.1 in

About Kurchi Dasgupta
I grew up in the intensely intellectual environment of Calcutta. My parents' active participation in the arts and the city's postcolonial cultural ferment gave a hands-on crash course that I took by default. The formal degree was taken in Comparative Literature, though. I have been writing extensively on art and that's reflected in my artworks, which are conceptual in nature even when restricted to the guise of paintings. Each is an exploration into whatever issue was bothering me most at that moment. The visual touch-points are usually sourced from random/incisive searches on the internet - because how the internet shapes and reflects us as a species interests me a lot. I have headed publishing ventures, been CEO of the Satyajit Ray Society, translated modern Bengali classics in the past. I live in Kathmandu now. And try and raise relevant questions through my work.
courtesy:saatchiart

#art #oilpainting #popularartist #figurative #kurchidasgupta#artvillecontemporary #artgallery

No comments:

Post a Comment